The F-1 rocket engine is the largest and most powerful single chamber liquid fueled rocket engine ever made. 5 of F-1's powered United State's Saturn V rocket that successfully took 12 humans to the surface of the moon for the Apollo Program. It's open cycle gas generator design developed 1,522,000 lbs of thrust [6,770 kN] at sea level. It had a perfect flight record, making it one of the most reliable engines ever made. [No, it never shut down inadvertently, that's the J-2 on the second stage of the Saturn V you're thinking of]
RECOMMENDED PLANETARY BODY
- Unisex Style
- Custom Neck Label
- Sew On Tag with "ROCKETDYNE F-1 / 1,522,000 POUNDS OF THRUST"
- High Quality Screen Print
- Navy: 100% ring-spun cotton
- Heather: 90% Airlume combed and ring-spun cotton, 10% poly
- Standard Sizing [size chart]
- Machine wash cold with like colors. Non-chlorine bleach when needed. Tumble dry low. Cool iron. Do not dry clean.